Thursday, April 11, 2013

the day that i felt like listening to country....


When I was a kid, I NEVER listened to country music.

Minus, like, Martina McBride on the radio...

...and that one time when iTunes didn’t exist and I asked for Faith Hill’s CD for Christmas because I liked a total of one song…. (forgive the run on)

But over the last year, my roommate and one of my good friends have converted me…

I still don’t like it as much as I like this:


(ghetto lyric videos, but I can’t stand music videos that make you not like the song or surprising you with gross images…)



Or this:




But today, I got the urge to listen to country. I was doing my religion homework facebooking/pinteresting/emailing/distractingmyself.

And then I thought to myself, "It's getting warmer outside, and starting to feel like summer. I could go for some country right now."  WHAT!?

I didn’t feel like myself and I felt more like myself all at once. Weird, huh?

It’s growing on me….






And the Facebook world is welcoming me with open arms.




(This picture cuts off the other video and the 4 comments after this one...)







I still am a diehard sap (oxymoron):






But I also like some good window down in the car summer songs like this:




So, I ask you people (especially those of you that have been dragging me on to the bandwagon all along)... 


Any suggestions? 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE country. You wanted some suggestions? I've got lots. Here are a few. For those artists with multiple song suggestions I listed them underneath their artist (Ex. Darius Rucker or Sugarland or Steel Magnolias is the artist followed by songs). There is a great mixture of all types. Enjoy!


    Darius Rucker
    Don’t think I don’t think about it
    History in the making
    Alright

    Zac Brown Band
    Chicken Fried

    Lady Antebellum
    American honey
    Need you now

    Sugarland
    Stuck Like Glue (awesome music video)
    Want To
    Stay

    Sherrie Austin
    Love in the real world
    Heart Hold On

    You’ll think of me by Keith Urban
    All your life by Band Perry
    Strawberry Wine by Deanna Carter
    Who I am by Jessica Andrews

    Dixie Chicks
    Travelin’ Soldier
    Wide Open Spaces
    Once You’ve Loved Someone

    Carrie Underwood
    Jesus Take the Wheel
    Some Hearts
    Lessons Learned

    Kellie Pickler
    100 Proof
    I wonder

    Don’t Blink by Kenny Chesney
    You’re Gonna Miss this by Trace Adkins
    God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton

    Johnny Cash
    I’ve Been Everywhere
    A Boy Named Sue
    Hurt (kind of depressing but great)

    Love Song by Miranda Lambert
    Why Ya Wanna by Jana Kramer

    Dolly Parton
    I will always love you
    Coat of Many Colors
    Why’d Come In here look’in like that

    Just to see you smile by Tim McGraw
    If I didn’t have you by Thompson Square
    Crazy girl by Eli Young Band

    Steel Magnolias
    Ooh La La
    Last night Again
    Glass houses

    From the New Nashville TV Show. It’s overdramatic but great new country music!

    Connie Britton
    No One Will Ever Love You
    Stronger than me
    Buried Under

    Clare Bowen
    If I didn’t know better
    I will fall
    Change Your Mind
    Loving You is the Only Way to Fly
    One Works Better

    Fade Into You by Sam Palladio
    Consider Me by Hayden Panettiere

    ReplyDelete