Friday, September 6, 2013

the minimalist.

Ever since all of my moves this summer, I've become a lot more conscious of all of the stuff that I have. And it's this transient lifestyle that makes me really excited for the day that everything that I own will be under one roof in its own little corner of the universe. 

But in the meantime, I'm noticing changes in my style. 

I'm snacking healthier... and less. 

I walk by all of the racks, and don't buy as much anymore. 

Also, everything has to be in its place lately, and my kitchen is clean almost always before going to bed. 

Now, if I could only infuse all of this minimalism into my schedule and technology use, but all things in good time, right? 

I'm think I'm headed in a good direction, and maybe this minimalism (or the fact that I have a schedule now) are partially to thank for that. 


But I'm starting to wonder about the rest of the junk I haul around. The guilt, the insecurities, the questions about what others think about me... They get heavy. 

Just thankful this week for a Savior whose feet I can lay them all at. 

A changed and forgiven disciple of Christ is ultimately the kind of minimalist I want to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment