Thursday, March 28, 2013

U-Ghana-da


People. 84 days until I leave for Uganda!!! (give or take a few). I still need to: get shots, register my passport number, buy my plane ticket, get my research proposal back with corrections and correct them. It’s gonna be busy!

When I tell people that I’m going to Uganda, I get one of the following responses.

“Where’s that?”

 “You’ll learn a lot while you’re in Ghana!”

  “Well, I’ll pray for you while you’re in Ghana!”

 “What’s it called again?”


Sensing a theme here?



Allow me to show you the difference between Ghana and Uganda:


See how far away? Yeah...

Official Languages of Ghana: English

Official Language of Uganda: English and Swahili… although I’m told there are like a million tribal languages. (WAY COOLER!)

Ghanian Flag 


 Ugandan Flag


Ghanian Climate: Between 70-90 all of the time.

Climate:  



(Let’s make that distinction right now!)


Can't wait!!!!! :)


3 comments:

  1. Kay this is creepy but I just saw this post and ARE YOU GOING WITH BYU?!?!? Because if so, I'm totally joining your group for the safari and stuff before I go teach music in Ghana! (yes, Ghana haha) That'd be crazy cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cracked me up! When I went on study abroad in Austria, people kept telling me how excited they were that I could go to Australia. Then, when I was on study abroad, we had a current events class and there was one girl in the group who wasn't the smartest. One day, she perks up and asks, "so, what's the difference between Thailand and Taiwan?" I think the answer was the same as the difference between Ghana and Uganda. It sounds like a wonderful adventure for you to go on!
    (and this is Noelle, by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy, we totally are going to be on the same safari!!! I'm so excited! What a fun reunion! Too bad we live in Provo, but it takes a trip to Africa to catch up! Noelle, that is too funny! Good to hear from you! :)

    ReplyDelete